Mansorian law group
Colorado Wrongful Death Lawyer
The unexpected loss of a loved one is devastating. This loss is even more overwhelming when it may have been able to be prevented if not for the negligent actions of another. A wrongful death lawsuit is a legal option to seek justice for your loved one, hold responsible parties accountable, and recover monetary compensation.
Common Types of Wrongful Death Cases
If you lost your loved one one due to a negligent, intentional, or reckless act of another you may be entitled to compensation. Common causes include:
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Defective drugs and products
- Premises Liability Cases
- Professional Negligence
- Nursing Home Neglect And Abuse
- Workplace Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit in Colorado?
There is an order of priority for filing wrongful death claims in Colorado:
- In the first year following death, only a surviving spouse may file.
- In the second year following death, the surviving spouse or any surviving children may file a wrongful death claim. If there is no surviving spouse and no surviving children, parents of the deceased are eligible to file.
- In addition to surviving family members, the personal representative of the deceased may file a “survival action” to recover damages for certain losses in the estate.
Mansorian Law Group Colorado Wrongful Death Law Firm
If the above sounds like your situation, and you’re questioning if you should hire a wrongful death lawyer, you’re probably also wondering how to know which lawyer is right for you.
In making your decision, consider your safety and peace of mind. Ideally, a wrongful death lawyer would relieve your stress—not add to it. When looking for a wrongful death lawyer, make sure to hire one who takes a personalized approach and considers the best option for your specific case. Cases can last for months if not years, so make sure your wrongful death lawyer is reputable and committed.
When looking for a lawyer, ask yourself:
- How long have the lawyer(s) been practicing attorneys?
- Does the firm have experience with this type of case?
- How often do they try versus settle cases?
- What kind of results do they get for their clients?
- What reputation do they have in the legal community?
Do You Have A Case?
Our free, no obligation, consultation gives you the opportunity to talk to an experienced attorney about your situation and gain insight into the best way to proceed. Fill out the form below to schedule.